Reduce Your Dementia Risk in Lewiston & Rumford, ME
Take Preventative Steps To Keep Your Mind Sharp
Did you know that people with hearing loss are at an increased risk for developing cognitive decline and dementia? New research finds treating hearing loss is the single most modifiable way to reduce your risk of dementia. While your risk increases with the degree of hearing loss, it is important to note that even mild hearing loss can increase your risk by as much as 200%! If you or a loved one struggle to hear clearly, our audiologists offer effective treatment to help reduce your dementia risk in Lewiston and Rumford, ME.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is it difficult to hear a conversation when there is background noise such as when you’re in a restaurant?
- Are others asking you to turn down the TV or radio frequently?
- Do you have trouble following a conversation in the car?
- Do you find yourself guessing at words often, sometimes incorrectly?
- Are you uncomfortable in social situations because you are worried about hearing?
- Do you ask others to repeat themselves often, more loudly or slowly?
- Is most of what you hear muffled and difficult to make out, even though it is loud enough?
- Do you rely on reading lips or situational context to follow a conversation?
- Have multiple family members or friends approached you about your hearing?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may have a hearing loss and a hearing evaluation is recommended. Whether you suffer from slight or significant hearing loss, your cognitive abilities may be adversely affected.
Fortunately, there is hope! Recent studies show today’s leading treatment options for restoring hearing can help to slow down or prevent the development of memory loss and dementia. Our full-service hearing clinics work to combat memory loss and dementia by staying at the forefront of modern hearing technology. At Central Maine Audiology, we are here to help you keep your mind sharp!
Contact Us to Reduce Your Dementia Risk in Lewiston & Rumford, ME, Today
Schedule Your Appointment Today
To experience our 5-star hearing care, schedule your Central Maine Audiology Hearing Assessment today by calling 207-282-1160 or clicking here to use our convenient online form. Your new patient appointment includes:
- Review your medical history and discuss your goals
- An examination of the ears
- A hearing evaluation
- Treatment recommendations
During your assessment, our audiologist will take the time to answer your questions about our treatments, hearing aids, flexible financing, or anything else you may want to know about us!
As one of the premier audiology practices in Lewiston & Rumford, ME, our audiologists and team at Central Maine Audiology also provide 5-star hearing care to patients from Auburn, Lisbon, Turner & Poland, ME & the surrounding areas.